View Single Post
hope2010

Member Since Jan 2010
1,103 hugs
given
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLess47 View Post
Rainbow8 I am definitely not a therapist! Just a person who has struggled for a long time. I am still in the sea of struggle as we speak and often I am giving myself suggestions when I make them for others.

Much like the sound tactic you use for checking your blood sugar...CBT can be similarly used to check your thoughts/sensations/beliefs. When anxiety grabs a hold of me I try to be curious about it just like low blood pressure. Like, "Hmm. I'm anxious. What could this be about?" CBT can be a good way to identify whether what we're sensing is a right now thing, a yesterday thing or a tomorrow thing. And then to talk ourselves through that thing, based upon what's happening right now. "This is an old thing. I think I got triggered by X. That makes sense. Ok self, you are safe, I'll take some deep breaths to let you know."

The breath is our tool that forms a bridge between the outside of us and inside of us. So how cool is that? Breath, the thing that we sometimes find ourselves holding when anxious, can also be the very tool to bring us back to a more calm baseline.

FearLess47
Thank you for everything you said to us FearLess47

I am not doing well. That is why I said - fail - I do know that cancel that appointment it is not a failure but feel like it was ...

I have something called "chemo brain" a side effect for strong chemotherapy treatments. When it hit me badly, I can't put my thoughts together.
This is part of my new normal. I can live with it, I am a survivor, that is all that matter.

I did and still practice CBT. To be honest Cognitive behavioral therapy help me so much in my daily life. Does all the good things you mentioned.

I keep track of my behavior with a Journal for CBT by an excellent Psychologist. I am just don't do it every day. Part of my lack of focus.

You are right, I am not kind to myself. I am being negative and my thoughts are catastrophic ones. The sad part is that I know all that and still can't get up of this hole.

I do have hope, just having a very difficult time right now. But hope is always there in my mind.

How are you?

This post is for every one that passed by, you are not alone.

Thanks for this!
rainbow8