View Single Post
susannahsays
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2019 at 10:02 AM

I've been thinking about it, and I think that words do count as doing something. If they didn't, there would be no such thing as verbal or emotional abuse. I think expressing a feeling is doing something. I would not find it acceptable for someone in my life to express hatred for me. If someone hates me, I do not have a relationship with them. While therapy is different than "real life," in that the focus is on me, it would not feel right to me to treat the therapist with less respect than I would literally anyone else on the planet. And whether or not she can be hurt by anything I do or say is immaterial. I guess that I don't even need to consider her attitude on the subject.

If she had done something that deserved my hate, it would be different. My angst has come from wanting to do something that goes completely against my personal code of conduct. I think there may be an element of self-sabatoge.

She has always been receptive to my anger when I have expressed it in session. What she has deemed inappropriate has been when I have given ultimatums/threats over text message.

Hugs from:
Lemoncake, LostOnTheTrail, SlumberKitty, WarmFuzzySocks