View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 04:58 AM

PS I agree with Divine about any government job requiring "bending". Any salaried job, public or private for that matter.

Reading what Divine wrote, it seems to me that she's pointed out that you need to sit down with your husband and figure out the financial side of this. How badly do you need to earn a reliable salary as opposed to doing what you love and continuing supporting your family in non-work ways???? Like Divine and other people have said, some of us have no choice about choosing the highest possible, most reliable income. Personally, having a high income has been essential for me but I worked contracts not salaried and still managed ok. You need to work out with your husband whether as a household you will depend on one, one and a half, or two incomes.

If you can manage on an irregular income, and if you think that there might be options for teaching multi-ethnic literature in your area... GO GIRL!

Another thing to talk through with your husband might be the financial implications of you went self-employed. You would have to do your own accounting and tax returns in that situation.

Can you talk to some people involved in multi-ethnic literature teaching and test out your enthusiasm???

There is a downside to earning money by doing what you love. You have to get up in the morning and do it regardless of whether you still are passionate about it or not. Work is work, passion is passion.

Could you talk to some prison managers and see whether they run creative writing courses and what they pay on a sessional basis??? DO IT!

Love
Saidso

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets