View Single Post
junkDNA
Comfy Sedation

Member Since Sep 2012
8,149 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 06:47 AM

hi everyone. sorry I've not been very active in this forum. I'm either at work or in my bed usually...

my lease ends mat 31st and my landlord bs socially said we have to be out then... I was hoping I could stay another month to figure out my housing situation but she wants us out because we've been making split payments on the rent past few months due to our power bill being $400 a month. at least its getting warmer now.. our last bill was $159

but now it's getting super hot in here and the landlord hasn't offered to put the window unit ACs in so we're just kinda baking in here lol

my mom and I looked at a condo last week. it's basically perfect for me- like 2 min from my job... my coworker /friend lives down the road, it's 2 bedroom 2 bath with hardwood laminate flooring (I hate carpet). it also has a HUGE screened in back porch which is a big plus to me cuz it reminds me of the lake house

anyway my mom put an offer in and they accepted it yesterday but want close to $2000 for due diligence money and something else... and won't put any money towArds the closing costs

we've also discovered that there is an issue with the exterior of the condo which the HOA fee covers... but depending on what it is and how severe (like if it's the foundation) it will take time to fix....

mom said she's going to find out exactly what's wrong before she counters their offer - and wants the HOA company to sign a contact to have the issue fixed within a certain time frame

so yea I'm prob gonna have to put all my furniture in storage and find a room to rent temporarily in someone's house... mom said boby can stay with her... cuz it will be hard to get a room with a cat

anyway that's a lot of writing and sorry bout that lol. hope everyone is doing decent

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird, falcon09, Gr3tta_0, Loial, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, cogladaid, falcon09, Loial