FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
Oh no! So sorry.
I hope your procedure goes as well as it can!
Thank you! I am going into the surgical center for a minor procedure (nerve blocks in my spine) but they are putting me under. Although I am so tired of surgeries and hospitals, I am going to do my best to go in with an open mind this morning. Reminding myself, "I am going here on purpose." "This may provide pain relief." Etc. Instead of immediately dissociating from the experience. I shall try...

Yesterday my former therapist and I said goodbye. She is leaving the practice where I've been going for 4 years. We had a good session and I was already kind of aware that she might be leaving. So it wasn't devastating, but weird. I will be working with the new trauma therapist who I met this week. It is a long drive. But she has worked with DID clients and I hope can actually help me wade through this mysterious river of me.

(I am looking forward to the idea that perhaps I will actually know how to draw and paint and listen to music and teach again...and still keep my darkish sense of humor and clipboard. Ha. What a concept.)

Happy Friday all...

FearLess47
FearLess47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana