Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Apr 26, 2019 at 11:38 AM

It's OK to have secrets but perhaps they are so involved in your life that they ask about everything? That can be a problem too though you don't have to tell them this, just be aware that perhaps they aren't giving you enough autonomy. If they notice, try to think of an honest but nondetailed answered like: "Just getting some advice" then if they press more say: "I prefer to keep it private." I know this can be nearly impossible with some parents especially if they have to drive you to the appointment. Hopefully, they don't even ask! They might not even ask --- wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise!

Do what YOU think is best!

It is better when parents are careful not to pry too much but I know we (my husband and I) are guilty of prying too much in our children's lives. Breaking away from our parents can be hard for either the parent and/or child but it needs to be done..... You are such a sweet person that it is probably hard to let you grow up/be apart from you but if that is happening then they will adjust. Worrying won't change a thing and nothing stays the same......

Last edited by Anonymous55879; Apr 26, 2019 at 11:56 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Mopey

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Mopey