Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 26, 2019 at 12:37 PM

MickeyCheeky, it sounds to me like you suffer from "enmeshment trauma" (also: ask your school counselor about this). Here is a website that explains it.

Enmeshment: How To Unmesh From Your Dysfunctional Family

Here's an article about enmeshed parenting. I think perhaps your parents invade your boundaries because they have issues themselves. So, they don't draw proper boundaries with you, which is unfortunate, because you deserve to be independent and separate from your parents. Learning to separate from enmeshed parenting is scary -- I did it though, and I still have to verbally tell my mother "No!" all the time b/c although I separated from her enmeshment, she refuses to, and thinks she can still treat me like I'm 7 years old (I'm nearly 50). Enmeshed parents will NEVER acknowledge that they are boundary invaders -- especially to their children -- so no use telling your parents this insight. But, if they fit the criteria, then at least you know what dysfunctional system your parents have trapped you inside of, and you can learn to escape it (moving out eventually will help you a lot with drawing stronger boundaries between yourself and your parents).

Do You Practice Enmeshed Parenting?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Mopey

Thanks for this!
eskielover, luvyrself, MickeyCheeky, Mopey