View Single Post
susannahsays
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 04:06 PM

@Xynesthesia2 To be fair, I did not intend to characterize her as not respecting my individuality in general. Like Amyjay's therapist, she does pig-headedly insist on seeing trauma that happens to one of us as happening to everybody, though. Maybe that makes it harder for her to remember which one of us actually identifies with different events. Not sure. But she's very big on talking about how I have my own unique strengths and C has hers, blah blah. She has listed what she sees these as, and I agree with her analysis. So it's not that she doesn't acknowledge or recognize that we're different. That would take some Olympics level mental gymnastics considering how different we are.

Thanks for validating that my anger isn't entirely transference. I do think it is reasonable to be angry that my single personal disclosure was not memorable enough that the therapist recalled I had been the one who made it. I had thought she had understood it was a big deal for me to have told her anything whatsoever. Knowing that she had at a minimum forgotten how difficult it had been for me made me feel like an idiot for falling for a therapy illusion - the illusion that anything I as a client say or do is especially memorable.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Xynesthesia2