View Single Post
Skull&Crossbones

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I didn’t realize you are that shy. It does make it harder.

No you don’t have to do online dating. I just don’t think being a teacher should stop you from that. This is not 1800s when kids saw teachers as godly beings. We are just people and dating is part of life. Are you not shy with high schoolers? I’d think if you can handle teens, you’d handle talking to a stranger?

No, I'm not shy with high schoolers. I feel inferior to other adults so I'm much more shy around them. I don't feel the same level of acceptance and respect from most other adults outside of other teachers. I thought it was just me until I worked at a high school and overall people there treated me like I was a valuable person that they're glad to have on their team. I don't always feel that with other people. In the LGBT+ meetup groups, they probably wouldn't find me shy and would, in fact, find me hilarious. I feel like I can be myself without being judged or bullied there unlike other places. I'm shy until I know it's safe.

I also wonder if other adults see me as a child. I've been mistaken for being a teenager or at least being underage. It's not all strangers...it just has to be someone who presents themselves in a way that I feel safe around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
It’s good that you are trying to figure yourself out and find what gives you satisfaction. That’s the best any of us can do.

I’m not shy. I probably can put out an over confident bravado.
That's interesting that you say that. I don't see you that way on here, so maybe you don't really come across that way in real life? In real life, I don't usually want to mingle with over-confident people. They end up being arrogant and bullies or I have to compete with them to even exist.
Skull&Crossbones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote