View Single Post
Skull&Crossbones

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Apr 26, 2019 at 08:31 PM

For people who are part of the LGBTQ+ community, how do you find people to date? (For this thread, I'm referring to finding partners or anybody beyond a one-night stand)

Just for reference, I'm bisexual and non-binary towards the masculine side (assigned female at birth) although I don't always present that way. So I don't know if I'd personally consider myself under the transgender umbrella, but I'm not cis.

Anyway, I never know how to find female partners. Male partners seem to be easier to find (not ones I'm interested in, but there's more of them in general) but if they're straight they can be not understanding, judgmental, or cruel about the gender thing. I felt forced to present very female in my last relationship (with a straight cis male). I go to LGBTQ+ social events on a regular basis. I'm not blatantly out, but someone who goes to these things and looks boyish I'm sure I pass as queer in some flavor.

But I never seem to meet anybody single. So...I don't understand. Did everyone already meet each other and there's no one left? How is everyone else meeting someone? Magic? Am I not welcome in the LGBTQ+ world because I was (and still am) closeted? Or is there some other method that people have to find others? I feel so unattractive...and fake...I haven't "proved" my sexuality yet. And I'll never "prove" my gender because I'm not sure I'll ever transition in any way. I don't have the clothes (or the body shape really) to really look completely masculine anyway.

So...does anybody know what I'm supposed to do?

Hugs from:
jtaylor81194, Skeezyks