View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Apr 27, 2019 at 10:11 AM

30 minutes gentle exercise every night before sleep. EVERY NIGHT, no excuses. Only 30 minutes if repeated often enough will get your body into the habit of slowing down your nervous system and your mind. Chinese friend also always washes her feet before going to bed - gets some of the energy down from the mind. We both worked in 10 hour a day 5 days a week work.

70% rule when overwhelmed with work: if everything is 70% ready it doesn't take much energy to deal with sudden changes of plan or emergencies.

Note to own self: stop panicking (biscuits, coffee and computer games are not a helpful habitual reaction to stress!)

Dance - oh yes, I remember you posting about dancing. DANCE!

You love this, I can read between the lines that it's exciting to have several different clients rather than just one set of stuck problems .

My worst attribute when busy is keeping on top of the paperwork. Deserves another urgent note to self this afternoon: do the freaking paperwork! Paperwork is so easy when I've worked in offices that had well-structured filing systems. I know this, but I detest everything about paper records. What I really hyper-detest is the new young professional who sends stuff to me electronically "so as to save paper" then asks me to print out and sign it!!!! Rant and procrastination trigger!

Sending you some tasty fresh tangerines for snacking, and a garden to sit and breathe in!

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote