View Single Post
MsSunflower

Member Since Apr 2019
121 hugs
given
Default Apr 27, 2019 at 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember_42 View Post
I don't have the privacy to talk to a crisis line either, and since I don't tell anyone around me when I'm feeling that need, I can't take the chance that it would be overheard. It's so hard on family members if they find out about it that it makes me feel even worse instead of better. I hate sneaking around and hiding bandages but I don't need more guilt on top of what I already have.

Honestly, my coping skills aren't all that great right now. The best tool I have is procrastination. That probably sounds stupid but it's about all I have for now. Basically, I keep putting it off. I can't really spare the time right now so I'll wait until later tonight. It might get noticed right now so I'll wait until everyone is asleep. I don't have the energy right now, I'll find time tomorrow. We're going going to do something fun tomorrow, I'll hold out until after that. Almost like small goals of time and just keep moving to goal posts.

Obviously, it's not a solution and it doesn't work all the time. It reduces incidents though. It seems like none of my better strategies have been effective lately. What do you do?
I'm always so torn about if I should tell someone (usually my Mom). In one way I know if things are that bad I need to reach out for help but seeing how much it hurts her hurts me even more.

I'm glad you've found something that helps at least somewhat. I find for myself when I'm feeling that urge it's because I'm in such deep emotional pain that it's almost a physical pain. I just want it to stop.

My best strategy lately has been to physically remove myself from a place I might self harm. Sometimes moving to another room and sometimes I need to leave my home and go outside. Earlier this week I found myself wandering around outside crying hysterically at 2am in my pajamas. Not exactly ideal but I eventually calmed down and felt safe to go home.
MsSunflower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Ember_42