View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 06:32 AM

P.S. This isn't supposed to start a women vs men rant please!!! Just a reflection about how I automatically take on managing a dozen different levels in my own and other people's lives - getting it right 95% of the time - and then I have always wondered why I have moments of feeling overwhelmed and inadequate.

In some ways psychotherapy has raised up awareness of the emotional side of life - but it doesn't solve the juggling act, or the guilt when once in a while all the balls go flying out of the circus ring onto some innocent bystander???

I just listened to Bo Burnham talking about anxiety - he's not well known here in EU but his 8th Grade film is on distribution. He was talking about being terrified by his panic attacks, but fearing to name what was going on in case that made them more real.

Despite, or because of, the psychologisation of everything, my self-expectations are to be "on task" and able to keep others on task whenever necessary. I like that about myself. The balance to that class act - occasional messy meltdowns - feels like a catastrophe. I'm not naturally an acting-out person - tend to take the long view of conflict and to internalise.

Please could you contribute reflections, rather than ranting ??? My humble thanks...

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv