saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lulu View Post
The thing about trying to manage other people's lives is that it is an impossible job because their lives belong to them, not us. And any advice we would give or decisions we would make come from our perspective, would work for us but would probably not work for them. It is rare that anyone takes my advice on anything anyway! Sometimes they ask for it and I offer something up but generally they do something entirely different :-)

Anyway, that is where the frustration lies ... trying to manage something that isn't possible or ours to do in the first place! Been there ... many times ...
Yes, Little Lulu - agree that the meltdown trigger for me is usually FRUSTRATION. But I've had heap (a big heap) ongoing of practical negotiations to do about renovations and moving home - and in our egalitarian society, plumbers, builders, electricians still seem to be predominantly the male gender - they have their own priorities and you have to manage them!!! Commercial transactions are handled by people who if not male gender are obsessed by competition and conflict rather than respect or nurturing. Hence tending towards burn-out.

While the respect and nurturing remains an invisible struggle internally (like mental illness), or in the home???

Actually having another woman's support made me realise how much of a burden it can all become. I expect to do it all with a dynamic attitude and a big smile, at all times. I have always expected that, but it's impossible. Or is it?

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote