View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 07:59 AM

We can express ourselves to people in a calm conversation. When they don’t heed us, we can try to not get worked up about it, as we cannot control them. (I know how frustrating this can be!). We can learn (with therapy?) to not fall down the abyss of emotion to debilitation. This is a work in progress.

My mother is emotionally/verbally abusive. She’s also been very loving, so it’s a mixed bag for my feelings toward her. She caused crying fits in me as a small child, then over the course of the rest of my life, just a few other times.

It was my husband (yes, it was a man) who caused the major crying fits/meltdowns in our marriage. Yes, it is my frustration from not being able to get cooperation from him to meet my needs for love and affection, literally for sexual gratification to meet my libido (even though he claims his libido is the same frequency). Yes, it was a man who drove me to this hysteria.

I had not have these meltdowns from anyone else man or woman. I have been in very stressful situations and have dealt with extremely difficult people. Except, recently I have a real nervous breakdown and had no therapist at all, just coping by myself, because my entire FOO turned on me and was callous and horrid, abandonment and slander from Mom and sister brought on by the stupidest, meaningless incident. I’m pretty sure there is undiagnosed NPD in Mom and family fallout all around, dysfunction as a result.