sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
It suddenly occurred to me that women do this all the time. We expect to manage our emotions (and other people's emotions) at the same time as managing other people's bs and a zillion of practical details. We expect it.

I know very few men who hold themselves accountable for managing other people's emotions and other people's mess in the same way. I do realise that men have other stressors - financially supporting a family is a huge deal - but women expect to do it all simultaneously, and often we can.
I believe its a double edge sword with us... when our families hurt or struggle-we hold down the fort. We try and be the glue and keep everyone happy while neglecting ourselves. Then we snap and its held against us- how dare we blow up like that? Or we go on dealing with stress and go to the doctor because we are in physical pain for something and the tears well up...many doctors group us into the "hysterical woman" category as if we are poor self evaluators or are overexaggertating our issues. Its really unfair. Especially if you cry easily- joy makes me tear up just as much as pain and I know people do not take me seriously sometimes.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote