View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 02:07 PM

What is wrong with a crying fit??? Isn't it inevitable in some challenging life situations? Raging also?

There is nothing wrong with crying, but crying needs to lead to resolution.

What happens for me in meltdown isn't crying but complete dissociation. Only under extreme pressure these days, I clock out and spiral into the emotional pit. Perhaps how we express the emotional pit is different between people - for TishaBuv it was hysterical crying, for me it was isolating and being frozen.
Yet self hatred seems to be the end result for both of us.

My friend wrote to me: . we go into this survival mode too and the more we do that, the harder it is to connect and find ourselves again. so allow yourself to heal. and be. in the moment.

TishaBuv says : We can learn (with therapy?) to not fall down the abyss of emotion to debilitation. This is a work in progress.

I think that's different to the sort of crying that you are posting about @sarahsweets. Perhaps for me it's when I suppress the possibility of normal crying or raging that I go into this unhealthy spiral state of "debilitation".

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv