View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,874 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 02:27 PM

I’ve been doing a lot better lately. I started taking (less than prescribed) dose of Buspar for anxiety and CBD oil. I feel it has stopped the waterworks and lifted depression.

Today, I called a family meeting with my youngest son and husband. Son has been struggling in his science, math, and english while he excels in music and leadership. In the past, just getting both of them to the table would most likely end in such a struggle and me losing it and giving up. Today, I approached it like a board meeting. I said “Here are the items on the agenda we want to discuss. Do you have anything to add, son, like telling me to go jump in the lake before we even begin?” Lol. He was ok to proceed.

Then I had to focus him and husband, trying to stay calm, like herding cats. I successfully discussed the problem in each class one thing at a time and we found easy solutions. Then we looked on college websites for his possible goals and what he needs to be eligible.

I assured my son we are proud of him, he is not dumb (he said he felt dumb), he had ADHD, it’s not his fault, and we are all feeling quite good from the meeting. Yay me and proper meds!

Hang in there, saidso. It’s herding cats! Lol