View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 02:46 PM

Ruby, I've been following along your multiple posts about your jobs and difficulties in your workplaces - particularly those pertaining to getting along with your coworkers. I am shocked then you would make this application. It seems you yourself are assuming it will be in vain. While, yes, such things are usually looked at positively I really think you need to evaluate the reason for doing this.

If you want to advance and get attention in the workplace you need to perform your duties and perform them well. You need to show the ability you can get along with your coworkers. As for leadership positions you need to demonstrate you can earn the respect of your coworkers.

This is what you need to do if you really want to get ahead:

a. Sit down and evaluate yourself. What are your positive attributes? What are your negative? What can you improve?

b. What do you envision you wish to accomplish? What role do you want to be in? Where do you see yourself in one, two, three three years from now.

c. Establish then a goal. It needs to be realistic. It needs to be measurable. It needs to be assigned a time frame for completion.

d. Write down your plan.

e. Get your employer involved. Tell them your aspirations. Sell yourself on your current proven abilities and your plan for self-improvement. Enquire of them what you can do in the workplace to work toward the plan and how will your employer support you. Is there a training program in the company? Is there a management/leadership plan? How do you apply for them. Demonstrate to your employer you are interested and willing to do the necessary work towards achieving your goal.

We had another discussion on your interview habits. You didn't sound like you were willing to put in any work or sound like you have taken responsibility for your results. Ruby, this is serious. This takes a great deal of responsibility and work to present your self as a suitable candidate. Please take this seriously.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
s4ndm4n2006