Thread: I want ...
View Single Post
Misfit Toy

Member Since Mar 2019
15 hugs
given
Default Apr 28, 2019 at 05:10 PM

Anger is not all bad. Like you said, it puts you in control. Anger is a protection, when not abused. I was so screwy about emotions, I had to carry a "feeling wheel" around when I first started therapy to even identify what I was feeling. Not that I am recommending staying angry, but feeling anger is natural. I read Pete Walker's "The Tao of Fully Feeling". It gave me permission to feel ALL the feelings, like pity for myself, and anger at those that hurt me. Having permission to feel kept me from having to act out on them. Processing anger means feeling it fully, then letting it go. Healthy process of feelings = better adjusted me. I am by far not the best at it, nor would I say I knew a lot about this, but my experience is that it works for me when I am able to do it.

You make perfect sense. This is new. New is scary. Scary sucks. I don't think anything is wrong with you at this point. I think what you do with the anger will determine if it is going to be a problem or not. I am really sorry you are having to deal with this. Not a fun emotion. I would rather deal with elated or willing or secure, but that ain't my luck.

By the way, sorry your therapist quit on you in the middle of such a tough issue.