View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Apr 28, 2019 at 10:14 PM

I am about to be married in a little over a week.

Me and my fiance ran into my ex last night, whom I've determined is a narcissist.

Well, my fiance talked to him for a while, just the two of them.

My ex confessed to my fiance that he had lied to me about something that was very important to me while we were together. My fiance doesn't hide things from me, and let me know. I've been fuming all day about it after hearing this. I feel like I just learned that my ex had cheated on me.

Also last night my ex wanted to talk to me about our past relationship, which has been over for over two years. telling me that he would have gone to counseling with me and that he had been having nostalgia over us recently. He even said he wants to share a recording with me of a session he had with a spiritial medium who mentioned me and told him I am very special and that he should remain close to me.

He says all this and he knows we're getting married in a week!

Well, a gf just pointed out to me that instead of focusing on US and our upcoming marriage and happiness, he turned everything around to be all about HIM, even if it was something negative about himself (confessing that he lied).

I just feel all of his toxicity all over again seeping into my soul. I don't want to feel this way. I was done with him. He was very toxic for me in our relationship.

Important to note: the only reason why I even talk to my ex now is because I run into him very frequently in my social circle. We didn't talk for a whole year after breaking up, then his mother died and he reached out to me for support. We became friendlier again after that, but I was always wary of him given how he had treated me within the relationship.

That being said, I want to let this incident go and focus on my own happiness right now, but it's eating me up at the moment. I just feel so icky!!!!! And poisoned by his toxic ways. I will not be talking to him again and I will now distance myself again from him.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom to share about narcs and how they operate? I want to feel better so I can just let it go. I do tend to ruminate when bad things happen (as well). I have a hard time letting go.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster