Thread: Mythomania
View Single Post
OCD1972

Member Since Apr 2019
21 hugs
given
Default Apr 29, 2019 at 04:26 AM

My long time partner was a pathological liar but I didn't realize to what extent until he left a letter to me to be opened after he died of cancer. I knew him for 17 years and he did have a larger than life personality and everyone liked him. I know he really did love me with all his heart because actions speak louder than words. He treated me like a queen and was very funny and kind. He was the love of my life but even almost 13 years after he died I am bothered by all the things he told me that I know now must've been lies. The worst thing he told me was that he had brain cancer but he didn't. Then he really did end of getting lung cancer several years later. Karma?? He told me he had an ex wife and a son but in his letter he said that wasn't true. He lied about big things and small things. Now when I think back on all the stories he told me I know they were probably lies unless someone else could verify them or I myself could verify them. He fought very hard to beat his lung cancer because he wanted to live for me. He also said he was a boy hood friend of Michael J Fox and that he grew up in Canada. His birth certificate said he was born in California! You think you know someone after 17 years but not always. I did know his essence and he was a good person. He was hyper sensitive. The only conclusion I can come up with he lost both of his parents to cancer when he was very young and I think his father was ill since my partner was a young boy. I think he was very fragile and felt he had to blend fact with fiction so people would like him. The sad part is people would've liked him just fine without all the lies. Most of the people he knew didn't know about the lies - I've just told a few close friends. He also had been into drugs and meth when I first knew him but quit most of that or he would've have even made it to 50 which is the age he died. When I had a nervous breakdown and could no longer work he supported us and never complained. But if he were still alive I don't know if I could be with him because his lying was so interwoven into his life - I don't know if he could have or would have stopped it. Yes I was lucky to have someone who loved me so deeply but I feel gyped when I remember back on all the stories he told me of his life that were most probably falsehoods. I know my story is different than yours but I wish the best for you and your children.
OCD1972 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote