View Single Post
DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default Apr 29, 2019 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I try really hard to give advice or support and I know that I can be direct or blunt. Its the ignore function thats getting to me. I just realized that I am on someone's ignore list and I liked her and thought she liked me. It drives me mad that I cant apologize or make things right. I do not have anyone on my ignore list her or at another forum I use because I believe there is value in what most people say. And I think I may be on a person's ignore list at the other place but its only alerted me once. How can I stop taking this so personal. I am not like this in real life. I try to be accountable and I have no issues acknowledging if I hurt someone's feelings or need to make amends. I am starting to think I may be a terrible person and just am too dumb to get it. I am not trying to fish for compliments here, I am seriously asking if I give off a "terrible person" vibe and just not know it?
Sarahsweets you aren't a terrible person at all; you aren't at all bad in the explicit or implicit sense! I'm not just saying that either. When I've read your replies to both my own threads and others you have participated in, the direct yet personable truth is often just what I need to keep going through my rat race life. This thread helps me as well because our society in many senses is often very centered around walking on eggshells to make our point, or replacing the truth with power games or just flat out lying. In the same vain we are also guilty of polarizing between honesty or 100% reliance on others' cues. But in reality there's both people who are shy to speak their minds (or in your case, whose egos can't take it) and those who aren't afraid of honesty, so there's different strokes for different folks as sung by Sly Stone in "Everyday People". It's definitely not you at all. When I find other people like you who crave both honesty and the same characteristic from others it gives me and perhaps many others the chance to break out of their shell as well!

"If you can dream it you can do it!" ~ Walt Disney
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, sarahsweets

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets