View Single Post
Mopey
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
1,520 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 29, 2019 at 03:24 PM

I've been on Prozac for @ 20 years and have had excellent results from it. I never knew what it was like to feel good until I started on that medication. I have never taken any other antidepressant medication. It took about 2 weeks to kick in, and actually I forgot that I was taking it until I suddenly realized that I wasn't depressed. I was like, "Something's wrong! I'm not depressed! Hallelujah!" Suddenly realized my new medication must have taken hold. My doses have gone up and down over the years as various crises came and went.

Only now, after @ 20 years, am I attempting to wean myself off Prozac entirely. This has nothing to do with Prozac, just my belief that at this point in my life, for a number of reasons, I can get along without it. I no longer need the help from it I have had and am going to try to handle things cold turkey.

I've had no adverse effects from it. The only effects to report are that it took my body a little bit of time to adjust to it, metabolically. I got a little frazzled to begin with and lost a few pounds. My mouth was dry for a bit. But those effects quickly wore off, and the drug has done wonders for me ever since. I wish you luck with it.
Mopey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
still_crazy

Thanks for this!
Jedi67, still_crazy