View Single Post
tomatenoir

Member Since Oct 2017
1 hugs
given
Default Apr 30, 2019 at 03:54 PM

*Trigger miscarriage story* I'm looking for support and advice.

Two years ago I went to therapy to deal with a miscarriage I had in 2016. A lot of my feelings were centred around a c*** of a midwife who never got back to me when I started bleeding, and as a consequence I had an incredibly painful and traumatic miscarriage at home where I was left unable to walk for the better part of a week. I ended up storing my baby in Tupperware in the freezer, because I literally didn't know what else to do. After a couple of months I got in touch with the bereavement midwives at my hospital and they were helpful and lovely and eventually took my baby to be buried and organised a memorial service.

It took me until January of this year to get pregnant again. I have a really wonderful midwife this time, mostly because I called the bereavement midwives at the hospital and threw a stink -- there was absolutely no way I was going back to the same midwife who was still at my doctor's surgery.

So this week my new midwife informs me I have AB negative blood, and because of that I'll need a shot at 28 weeks to protect the baby in case it has a positive blood type. My midwife also told me they provide this shot after any pregnancy (including miscarriages) to women with a negative blood type as it protects future pregnancies.

My first midwife never organised this shot after my miscarriage, and I'd had blood tests done so she would have known my blood type. I'm back to how I felt three years ago. She didn't care about the first baby and now she's put the health of this one in needless danger because of her incompetence. I feel like she's crept out of the past into the now.

Feelings I thought I'd made some peace with have completely resurfaced, and I don't know what to do. My therapist and I had a falling out, so there's no way I'd contact him. I don't want to discuss this with anybody IRL, as I've found most people are, at best, clueless about the toll loss and infertility takes on you.

But I genuinely need to know what do. My old midwife works in the same building as my new one, and I'm dreading going to my appointments now. Has anyone had something they thought they worked through (whether in therapy or not) come back?
tomatenoir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ElectricManatee, NP_Complete, WarmFuzzySocks