Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 30, 2019 at 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splion View Post
My shame is toxic and internalized. I decided at an early age to believe the shame lies of my parents, but then to ignore the remainder of their input into my life. Whats left is an inclination to harsh judgement - what I do wrong makes me a bad person - and there is no one whose approval can make anything feel okay again. I'm in my 40s and like the Phoenix I will rise form the ashes... been saying that for a decade now. Perhaps tomorrow will be the day. God Bless...
It takes time & practice to reprogram those neural pathways developed when you believed those shame lies. Something we have to work at changing just like a stroke victim or a TBI (traumatic brain injury) person has to relearn how to function. It doesn't just magically happen one day.....it does take intentional work to change.

My T studies how the mind works to help us work through the changes we need to make. It was the only therapy after wasted years that actually has helped

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear