View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 01, 2019 at 11:55 AM

Trigger warnings work like this: Use this bracket: '[' then type the word trigger followed by ']'. Enter your text. Then use the bracket againL '[' backslash/ and the word trigger followed by the ending bracket']'
This is what I mean I am putting periods in between or else you wont see it.
[.trigger] xyzxyz[./trigger]

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolibrarian View Post
Sorry; I still don't know how to create a trigger warning.

I used to SH. Not to the point of infections (well, ok, I had ONE infection) but definitely to the point of scars. For many years I didn't SH at all. I would occasionally get the urge, but managed to talk myself out of it.

But today feels different. Yesterday I saw the neurologist and was not happy with what he said; I felt and feel unheard. Feeling like I have not been heard goes way back to my (entire) childhood. And not just 1 time; many times. I texted T twice yesterday about it, but she didn't answer; I may email her today.

You know the urge you have to SH? Kind of a feeling of emptiness, and you know that when you are in the process of SHing, you can go into kind of a trance (Doesn't feel like DID or depersonalization, to me), and continue to SH until you feel "satisfied" or someone walks into the room, usually without knocking first.

What techniques do you use to avoid SH?
Thanks,
--Cool

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
coolibrarian, unaluna