View Single Post
futurenurse81

Member Since Mar 2008
Default Mar 19, 2008 at 11:46 PM

ok so I am just about finished with nursing school, but my professor was right, when its your kid, everything we know goes out the window and me are only moms, so here goes. My son is 16 months old and for the last month he has been screaming at the top of his lungs, either because he wants something he can't have, frustrated, who knows, devopmentaly he is good, walks, runs says bye-bye, dada, mama, buck, horse yadayadayada. So my husband says honey maybe something is wrong with him. I am crying as I type because my frustration and worry is eating me alive now, why did he have to say that???? He is so smart, he loves to stack things and hide them from us but his screaming is out of control. We put him in timeout for 1 1/2 min in his crib and he's fine for um about an hour and a half, is this normal, or terrible 2's early. My husband says autism or add, but come on he's 16 months old, love to play, laugh, cuddle, makes eye contact, loves other children (just not taking his toys) am I crazy or what someone please direct me if possible. I hate going to the doctor saying, "so I'm stressed my kid cries alot and is very clingy, got any drugs (for me of course) just kidding but please help