View Single Post
Crescent32084

Member Since May 2019
Default May 01, 2019 at 10:20 PM

Hi. My husband and I have been married 10 years and have two daughters together. The older one is autistic and the younger one had a traumatic birth defect and spent her first six months in ICU, culminating in a heart transplant. My husband developed PTSD from this.

He sporadically sees a counselor, and a psychiatrist. They allow him to use PTSD as a reason to not do things he doesn't feel like doing. I.e., playing with his dog, answering our daughter when she asks a question, bathing more than once every ten days, regularly helping with house work (we both work full time).

However, this has become unsustainable. I'm having to take everything on without much help, just to keep everything running. I have depression and anxiety, take my medication as directed and see a counselor regularly. But I simply can't continue doing it all. My husband realizes he can use his diagnosis as a sort of excuse, and that the psych professionals he sees will allow that.

What can I do to get us out of this situation? He won't change providers and they won't talk with me about my concerns for him. There has to be an option other than just burning out.
Crescent32084 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Betty_Banana