View Single Post
LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 02, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Hello my sweet Dazed. Long time, no see.

I am a natural caregiver. I have a heart of gold and as generous as my heart and money can withstand. It's no surprise that I'm pursuing nursing.

I've let people walk over me before, and I've learned some hard lessons.

My parents, though only in their innocent intentions, dump their problems and emotions on me. The other day, I spoke honestly about how this was hurting me. My dad was in tears, but after that day, the household has become less toxic and more open and loving. They mean well, and I do my best to understand, but when I'm a FT student M-Th and work all weekend (yeah, no days off), it was so emotionally draining to come home and expect negativity.

I'd suggest setting your boundaries. Be honest (tactfully, of course), but be firm to your values and your mental health. What is that XYZ that people say or do that hurts you, and what limits can you set for yourself and others? Keep reaching out. That girl you wished happy birthday to? "Hey, I saw that you haven't replied to my message. Is everything okay?" When people take advantage of your generosity? "I'm sorry, I'll have to think about that before saying yes to XYZ"

Don't give up on your heart of gold. It's worth more than all drama and the meanness you endure. It'll unfold into all the loveliness and beauty in the world if you stick to your values and your belief.

Big hugs, my sweet Dazed.
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879, DazedandConfused254, MickeyCheeky, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
DazedandConfused254, Iloivar, MickeyCheeky, Roamer1115, Taylor27