Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 02, 2019 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
Thanks Open Eyes

A therapist recently terminated with me. They were a .... sub optimal ....therapist as they didn’t even terminate kindly. I didn’t do anything wrong, I just wasn’t “cured” in a handful of sessions
In the US there are some who take insurance that makes that limit.

Lol...when I first moved to where I live now & was searching for a good T I came across one that said wuth him I would be better in so many sessions & I could pay what I could afford. I never went back to him because I KNEW that my situation was more complex than that & I sure wasn't going to someone so arrogant without even knowing everything to tell me that. I knew he was full of BS.

Usually in the US they will tell you up front how many sessions they are willing to do IF they are the kind that put limits on the number of sessions.

It actually took me 6 years of OUTSTANDING therapy to process & integrate my past with my present. I still see my T monthly while I am going through the difficult stuff I'm dealing with right now & she is awesome. Each month tells me that appointments now are on what I feel I need. Nice to be at that point.....she keeps me on track through difficult times.....so she has no limit.

Different T's have different POLICIES & it is good to know them upfront so you don't get blindsided like this. Their policies ARE NOT ABOUT YOU even though it may feel like it at the time. A learning experience to check on in any future looking for a new T.

Sad when we need help & encounter this kind of crap

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear