View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 02, 2019 at 01:21 PM

At what point would you think of requesting stress leave from work?

Here:
https://psychcentralforums.com/work-...-thread-7.html
You can see my post about the current situation at my workplace. There are some other posts in that thread a bit farther back as well.

A little while back, things had improved a lot, but between my boss’s mystery health issues and the situation with the new system they are going downhill. No problems have been resolved, but we are still expected to meet certain deadlines, which is nearly impossible. I spent 4 hours this morning on something that would have taken me 10 minutes before, yet they still force us to use this system.

I am trying to tell myself it’s not my problem; I didn’t create it. But, it’s hard to keep up that thinking when I get constant messages and emails from our boss telling me that I need to finish such and such by 12 to send to a client.

Today I got so frustrated I broke down in tears. I made a minor mistake, forgetting to get a clarification when I made a phone call and the editor chewed me out. It’s been a while since I was pushed to that. At least I work from home, so no one saw me. From what I hear from co-workers EVERYONE has been doing things like that and is on edge, since we are distracted by trying to use a system that isn’t working properly.

I am thinking either to take some vacation days or stress leave (which is a thing in this country). My husband said if I go to the private clinic that has a psych ER where he has gone in the past, they’d probably give me a week at least. Maybe by the time I got back things would have improved somewhat. I’ve been with the company over two years and have only taken two days of sick leave in all that time, so I don’t think I’d have issues with getting approval.

Any thoughts? Stick it out or try and take some sort of break? Obviously the plus of the stress leave is to not use my vacation time.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, Turtle_Rider