View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 02, 2019 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloivar View Post
Why does therapy make you feel worse? And did you only go to a single therapist? If ever you start considering therapy again, how therapy feels is also something that could be explored with your therapist, along with the other issues in your life.

Also, you mention being around negative people daily, is it not possible to distance yourself from these people.
I REALLY like the idea of discussing how therapy feels with the therapist. A great therapist will welcome that and help and support. A therapist worth saying goodbye to will be defensive or judgmental...actually quite a good way to screen them! Excellent idea Iliovar! I had a therapist at one point (not my great one) who violated HIPPA and called me a hurtful name at one point because I was scared about something in my life. When I tried to calmly point out these problems, she blamed me rather than taking ownership of her mistakes. It was time to say goodbye. Though to be clear, many therapists would never behave that way. They want to help.

On the PT website, I read that we should look for a therapist who has done their own therapy to work on their issues. Makes sense, right?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote