View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 02, 2019 at 03:08 PM

If you can take a break, do it. In the short term, it may give you a little space to breathe, relax, and figure out what your next steps are.

My experience though is... even though I feel better when I take a vacation from work, all the stuff that drives me crazy is still there when I get back. I usually return to my stressed/depressed state really fast as soon as I get back to work.

Because unless something changes (and it sounds like it won't - in the other post, you wrote that your boss doesn't have your back on this?) - just relieving the stress temporarily is not really a long term solution.

Is it possible to look for another job? It sucks, but if you can find something else that is managed better, that might be better for you in the long-term?

In the shorter term (and apologies if you've done this already, I didn't read the whole other thread) - I'd be so tempted to respond to my boss with something like (being careful to not add emotion or sound upset, just factual): "I'm working as quickly as I can, unfortunately, the new system is causing significant delays. Do you have any suggestions on how I might accomplish this more quickly?"

I don't know if that would actually do anything, but it *might* maybe make your boss realize that nope, there's no way you can speed it up!

I'm sorry that your dealing with this... work stress sucks. I'm dealing with it too. Though I'm really surprised that they didn't consult you guys at all on the new system! I do UX at work, so "talk to the user" is at the top of our list when we have to design something, for exactly this reason (i.e. we don't want to remove critical functionality or break things that already work fine!)

Good luck!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote