View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 02, 2019 at 03:32 PM

Thanks for your thoughts. Yeah, a lot of the issues will probably still be there, but they hopefully would have patched up some of the most egregious problems.

I completely agree that it was a terrible idea not to get our input. We did have a spreadsheet where we could put suggestions; that was it, and it seems no one looked at it. The only person involved was our boss, but she doesn’t use the system the way we do. She may add something to a project or edit our work, but she doesn’t have to make major changes or write something from scratch like us. We were never even consulted before they removed these features.

Unfortunately, our boss’ only response is that this is normal and we need to be patient. We can’t really talk to her.

Yeah, I am considering looking for new work. I was kind of thinking maybe I need to suck it up and look in the capital even if it means commuting; we have moved out of the city and I telecommute. My husband could probably drop me off where I can take the subway so it wouldn’t be so bad.

However, something sort of scary happened the other day when I was in the city. I have bad respiratory allergies. When I lived in the city and it was smoggy, I felt it, but could handle more average days. I have been breathing so much better out of the city. Friday was an average day pollution-wise. I went out on my lunch break and after 10 minutes of walking I felt awful, tight chest, coughing, etc. So, maybe working in Santiago is not going to work for my health.

There are vineyards here where we are living. I think with my language skills I could be marketable there, so I need to get my resume ready and send it out.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote