View Single Post
Anonymous56789

Default May 02, 2019 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrademoomoo View Post
You risked a lot by turning up to a session which you had cancelled. I am not sure that your therapist has worked in your best long term interests by ignoring your cancellation. There is something about this playing-out which reminds me of your longing for his email responses. When he turned up for the session, he did the equivalent of replying to an email - it feels great! He cares enough to attend (answer the email)! But what about the next time you cancel and attend anyway? What if he isn't there? Or has booked to see another client because he has taken your cancellation seriously? I don't know, it seems messy to me.
Interesting. I see it the opposite way. This T is always there at the scheduled date and time no matter what. The one big difference with other Ts is and this T is not reacting, not playing into lrad's patterns. All this T is doing is remaining in his office at the scheduled day and time. The nonreactiveness is what I think of when I think of a good T.

My T worked similarly. I went through almost the exact same cancellation phase. Except for me, it was as if the person canceling was a separate person from me. I remember cancelling and uncancelling. No drama or real distress, just the actions. I really never figured out what it was, what it even meant, then one day, it stopped happening. I think my Ts consistency helped. And the freedom to just be me enhanced my sense of automony, which also decreased my dependence on T.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight