Lrad123
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
372 hugs
given
Default May 02, 2019 at 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberful View Post
Wondering now-was your superego part of your emails or not? If your emails were raw, perhaps not.
Oh this is an interesting question. My emails definitely evolved, but in general my emails were raw. I would say things that I’d never say in person, so they were very liberating, but also embarrassing once I realized how uncensored and out of control they were. So maybe that’s why I like(d) emailing - because it’s the one place my superego (if I understand correctly) backed off a bit. I have been much more controlled with him in person. Or maybe my emails were just more “young.” However you want to explain it, the emails have allowed me to access parts of myself that are usually quite private.

For whatever reason, I have felt very little desire to email him for about the past 4 weeks or so. Whenever I try to bring that up with my T, sort of telling him how great it is that I’m no longer emailing, his response is that he doesn’t see it that way and my emails are always welcome. So, go figure.
Lrad123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote