Founder & Your Host
Community Support Team
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2001
178 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 03, 2019 at 10:36 AM

It feels like the expectation is that we have a staff of people just waiting to help fix issues posted here. Unfortunately, the reality is that we don't. We log technical issues into our bug database, but they go to the back of the line. Which means it could be a week or a month to try and troubleshoot the find the fix for it.

Mobile platforms are especially difficult to troubleshoot because there are literally 10,000+ variants in the wild between hardware device, OS platform, OS platform version, and browser type, and browser version. In short, they are super-difficult to fix because we don't have access to those 10,000+ variants. Even if we just limited ourselves to 100 of the most popular ones, we still don't have access to all of them.

What we do try and do is to look at the problems in the platforms and mobile devices (using emulators) the best we can. But we can't do this everytime someone posts to this forums, because our development team is actually working on the queue. So when they get to the bug a person has posted about, I come back here with whatever report I can. Sometimes we can fix it, and sometimes we can't, because it's beyond our current capabilities.

If another member takes it upon themselves to try and help with an issue, I am super-grateful. Take it in the spirit offered -- they are only trying to help.

Sorry that's probably not the answer you were looking for, but trying to explain why we can't attend to every bug every time something is posted here.