View Single Post
redCanine3669

Member Since Feb 2019
397 hugs
given
Default May 03, 2019 at 01:47 PM

I've thought of many ways to resolve my food budget. I've even considered fasting, renting out my room, and visiting food charities.

I can't quite fast because my mom has physically demanding expectations for me. She also harasses me and threatens to evict me when I don't do the physically demanding tasks efficiently. My mom is getting old, and thus probably needs a caregiver or the like. When she gets old enough, I might have more authority and freedom; but she's not that old yet. In fact, she's still working.

I can't rent out my room. My mom wouldn't allow that. she's very discriminant with who comes into the house.

I can't get certain jobs because of my mom's discrimination. she threatened to evict me if I worked in the sanitation industry. She also doesn't want me working for the city. but men, especially in my demographic, are greatly employed in sanitation and other maintenance work.

So I feel that many efforts to resolve my food budget have been incomplete due to my mom. Though I will note that I do pay a very low monthly rent because of my mom. and that living with my mom somewhat ensures a lifetime shelter insurance: some people and communities somewhat expect her to be responsible for me, probably even because she gave birth to me. So there is some benefit for living with my mom, but then there are expenses as well.

Then again, I don't really have a choice to not live with mom, as the city is quite populated or underserved to the point where it will likely just convince or even pay my mom to house me.

I doubt I can get food from local food pantries and kitchens. I feel those facilities prioritize women, children, and the elderly. they might not have any food for a single young man like me. Moreover, I feel that my mom has a great influence on my food budget and thus I should appropriately try to resolve my food budget through her resources rather than external resources.

One method is that I can start revolving my diet more around her food. She offers me food sometimes, though it's not nutrient-dense nor daily. Out of a 3.25$ daily food budget, I can allot 1.50$ from her food resources and 1.75$ from my own resources.

I can design some measures to ensure this ratio. For instance, I can spend less money on food whenever mom offers me food. I can probably not spend any money on food for an entire day when mom offers me food on that day. The bad part of this method is that she might not offer me food for many days. And the food that she offers is not healthy, so I'd have to make sure that I buy nutrient-dense foods with my own resources.

Another method would be for me to re-apply for government food benefits. When applying, I can request to receive about one-third of the amount that a normal person receives. this is because I've adapted my diet and food budget to small but healthy resources. But I can't quite execute this method for another 45 days or so. And even then, the government might not have any food resources for me. This plan might also require me to get some paperwork from mom. If she doesn't help me secure the paperwork, I can reasonably pay less rent to compensate.

Regardless of whatever method, I have to make sure I use my calories wisely. I have to reasonably minimize my needs and maximize my resources. I might experiment and see if I can lower my daily calorie amount. I might stop exercising, to conserve calories. I might stop engaging in poetry, to conserve calories. I won't stop planning employment and financial independence though: I will try to get a job, though it's unlikely I'll secure one. I might require myself to sleep more, if it helps to conserve calories: I've heard that poor sleep hygiene is associated with weight gain.
redCanine3669 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote