View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default May 03, 2019 at 07:06 PM

Hi Katme, Alex...

Was it your decision or your T's to have Monday be the last session together?

I also am not sure what what "...she faked us" means?

I was working with the same T for 4 years and she missed some major signs, behaviors and in some ways, almost made things worse for me. It was not her fault exactly, as I was very good at hiding what was happening and in denial myself. It has only been in the past few months that I've been open and honest about what I've been dealing with for decades. Once she started to "see" me, she knew she was not skilled or knowledgeable enough to help me through the next phase. In some ways she did me a favor by passing me onto someone else...although at first it felt like being dumped, or like I was too crazy or not worth helping. Now I understand that I really need someone who can hold space for the process, who has been through it before.

I think it is not uncommon for some T's to have to learn "on the fly" when they have their first clients present with DID.

The bigger question is what do YOU need. It's not always clear until we've gone down the wrong path. You need to be believed, validated, safe and allowed to be exactly as you are.

Let us know how it goes...and nice to meet you.

FearLess47