Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 03, 2019 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbladeintheMeadow View Post
I have/am on both sides of this very thing right now. I have a friend who I adore & would do anything for, they are my best friend, I tell them everything, I want to see them, I get hurt & angry inside when they don't want to see me. But to them I am just a friend. They have many other friends some of whom they see regularly & are the first to know their news. It hurts me sometimes more than others. My feelings towards it change. Sometimes I can absolutely logically accept that this is probably quite a normal occurrence, & other times my day is destroyed at the rejection.

Equally I have a friend who to me is a person I get on with but I don't feel a deep connection to, I never tell them anything personal & rarely tell them about anything in my life at all. They tell me everything, I'd actually rather not know some of the things, but I'm very mindful that's how my other friends might feel about me.

It sucks on both sides of the fence.

I do think that being in the position I am with friend number one makes me have more compassion for friend number two??...friendships are like love I guess to some extent, you can't choose who you're drawn to or who's drawn to you.
Yeah it is unfortunate that those two situations can happen, especially concurrently. I’ve had that happen concurrently as well. I’ve had friends that liked others more than they liked me while I’ve had people like me more than I like them. In terms of not feeling as close to someone who really likes you, I can understand why you would not get personal with them.

I was the same way. With the person that I didn’t feel close to, I didn’t tell her my personal problems and actually felt uncomfortable when she told me hers since I didn’t consider her a friend. Just someone I knew. Main reason was that she was arrogant so I didn't feel close to her or want to be her friend. But yeah being on the receiving end of unwanted attention can help you understand how others may feel when you accidentally do the same to them.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AbladeintheMeadow