View Single Post
Iloivar

Member Since Sep 2018
2 hugs
given
Default May 04, 2019 at 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTrees View Post
I REALLY like the idea of discussing how therapy feels with the therapist. A great therapist will welcome that and help and support. A therapist worth saying goodbye to will be defensive or judgmental...actually quite a good way to screen them! Excellent idea Iliovar! I had a therapist at one point (not my great one) who violated HIPPA and called me a hurtful name at one point because I was scared about something in my life. When I tried to calmly point out these problems, she blamed me rather than taking ownership of her mistakes. It was time to say goodbye. Though to be clear, many therapists would never behave that way. They want to help.

On the PT website, I read that we should look for a therapist who has done their own therapy to work on their issues. Makes sense, right?
When suggesting that, I didn't really think of it that way. I just assumed that a therapist would be fine exploring that. Since we don't really know whether the OP felt worse from therapy in general, or the therapist she saw. It sounds like the former, and I can't see how a therapist would take offense to that. Then again, im sure there are a few incompetent therapists out there, as evidenced by your experience.

And yeah. It does make sense.

@DanceEngine7

You mention needing to change your living arrangements, friends, job and having depression. Can these be attributed to your desire to look for married men? Im just curious whether that's interrelated with those other issues in your life, or if it's something more seperate. When did this search for married men begin? Is it possible for you to articulate why you fancy married men?
Iloivar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote