Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
2,609 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2019 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atypical_Disaster View Post
Disclaimer: I am not capable of empathy (Narcissist here, my little sister has BPD so I lurk here often). I am not incapable of kindness and compassion, however.

I know what it's like when everything in your mind goes haywire all at once. I have a very malignant shade of NPD, HPD, PTSD, some kind of dissociative disorder or schizophrenia (they can't tell which one it is). I've had times when all of that has gone off at once and good ****, it was always a nightmare and I couldn't tell which was which either. It all blurred together. It sucks, and that is an understatement. I know how much torment it can cause when everything hits you all at once like this.

But, I also sincerely think the world is a better place with you in it. I've seen you around before. You're not a bad person. I've seen how you speak to others, and I also see that you have a lot of "fight" in you. Do not give up. You can win this war. You may not win all of the battles, but I can see that you can win the war one day.
That sounded a lot like empathy to me ❤

Thank you for your kind words. Actually kind of brought tears to my eyes bc it touched me. Thank you too for saying I am not a bad person. I feel that way often (that I am, I mean). I even hear it in differing verbiage. I would not say I have fight - as much as it is "just let it be - eventually this will get better - just find a way to cope til then" type attitude. In other words, I'm not trying to "make it all better" but neither am I "packing up and giving in" - though sometimes I REALLY want to. That said, I am very honored you see me as being that strong. I think it comes from the knowledge I escaped it for 2yrs after having been in it for 30yrs - so I know no matter how futile it seems, hope is always alive n well. ❤

I know BPD can be controlled well (some say cured - I say that's a load of malarkey, lol) .. since both BPD and NPD are personality disorders - can NPD also be controlled well if taught how to do so? I have PTSD myself - which was recently disturbed by a dream I had which corrected a detail of a memory .. a detail which makes a huge difference n sent me in a spin. I had it under control for the most part til then. How is yours? HPD I have read a bit on but don't know a lot about. I know it varies from BPD in a few ways. If you would like to talk to me about it or anything sometime I would be open to a PM from you. You seem very genuine and nice. ❤

I dissociated a lot due to my psychotic depression/PTSD/BPD mix at times - especially when I was first dx. They put me on all sorts of antipsychotics for it. Nothing helped. Some made me worse. I did research. Found essential oils. Those have helped me most with that.

Thank you for replying and for your kindness. ❤

I apologize if I gave advice or stuck my nose where it was not wanted or needed. I do that sometimes. I just really like helping ppl but sometimes they either do not want or need the help n I misread or misinterpret or just overstep. You are very kind. Thank you.

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster