View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 04, 2019 at 02:23 PM

I don't think a gift for DIL's parents is required as such but that is a very thoughtful idea. I was raised in a culture where "you never show up to someone's home with your two arms at one length!" A food item would be okay...gifts are really more about gestures anyway, right? Anyone who wouldn't graciously accept a gift (particularly from someone they don't know well) has some unpleasant issues. Other ideas....hmm, I admit I'm not so great at gift ideas for someone I don't know. What about an item for their home...a nice vase or picture frame or something? Are they drinkers? A nice bottle of wine or whiskey is an easy one...if they're into that. Try not to put a lot of pressure on yourself. The wedding is about celebrating togetherness, right? If you focus on that and a pleasant spirit, you can't go wrong.

When I got married, I did not have a bridal shower or a gift registry. I desired people's company, not their money/gifts. Personally, I find those traditions a bit off but most people around me thought I couldn't possibly be a bride without requiring gifts and money. Now apparently you aren't supposed to have a baby without organizing at least one or two days where people are required to shower you with gifts....I knew one woman who had four baby showers....colleagues, neighbors, close friends, and family. All I can say is ?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
feridust