View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default May 04, 2019 at 09:05 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this Nikunauan. It sounds like a very confusing and painful situation. I think for now, the best thing to think about is what is best for you and your son. A partner who hits you is going to hit you again. It is not your fault. You did not cause it. And you do not deserve it. You deserve peace and respect. He is an abusive person. Men who hit their partners often also hit children. If he hits you again or you feel it coming, please call the police right away. That will immediately send a clear message to him that he is not allowed to hurt you. He is committing a crime against you; being in a relationship does not make it okay to be violent. Do you have access to any shelters or domestic violence support programs in your area? I think you would really benefit from some help from a third party.

Try to take some time away from making decisions about the relationships. If you do not know of a shelter or domestic violence support program in your area, you can call the police and they will help you link up to support. Tell those folks about your situation. They help so many people in this type of situation. They will know how to guide you while also respecting the fact that you are an adult and you make your own choices in life.

Please focus on yourself and your son. Safety and respect first for both of you. The rest of the decisions can be figured out later. I am sending you a big, safe hug. I wish you and your child the very best as you navigate this. Your present does not have to be your future.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Iloivar