Member Since Jun 2016
8,125 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 05, 2019 at 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_crazy View Post
hi. :-)

no personal experience with latuda, -but- if it works well for you...could it replace the seroquel? it has a better profile for metabolic nastiness than seroquel, from what i gather. that and i personally am not a fan of taking 2 antipsychotics long term.

some doctors treated rapid cycling and/or mixed states (I'm in the latter category) with 2+ mood stabilizers...lamictal+trileptal was mine, for a while...but the trileptal dose was too high, and it made me depressed, in a really lethargic, unable to concentrate sort of way. now, I'm on a higher dose of the lamictal. a lower dose of trileptal probably could have helped, but...what's done is done, I suppose.

sorry you're going thru a rough patch. i hope things get better for you.
Thank you. Seroquel seems to be the only medication that has helped me sleep consistently, and it is good for my anxiety. However, I can no longer tolerate high dose Seroquel as well as I used to, so my pdoc thinks that using low(ish) dose Seroquel for sleep with Latuda would be a plan worth trying. I take my first dose tomorrow. Hopefully I'll adjust quickly, because my pdoc did say nausea can be a problem in the beginning (especially if you don't eat a whole meal with it).

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, still_crazy

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, still_crazy