Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 05, 2019 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedgem View Post
Jsut to add to that above, we've had family discussions about very similar things before, it's always to do with something I'm not happy about. We talk, parents get mad at me (?) Then my mum ends up crying and dad get even more made at me for making mum cry and nothing is resolved and it just pushes us further apart
This is a form of abuse, frankly. They know his behavior is wrong but they don't want to deal with it, and so they blame it on you for having a problem and not wanting to be hurt.

It's fine if they don't want to help. Just keep walking away from him and putting distance between the two of you. Either one day he will want to know why you aren't close and you can be honest and say "cause you're a ****" or he won't and you'll have space and be happy.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote