View Single Post
Anonymous56789

Default May 05, 2019 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Anne.

In a way, the kleenex box can be thought of as a marshmallow test: how the client deals with it may say a lot about the client. OR the therapist.
Thats why i said it's good stuff for therapy. If this was brought up as free association as the thoughts arise, there may be aha type insights.

But people are telling Sarah the opposite, to not go on about it. I think you can learn alot about yourself--especially patterns-- by examining such thoughts in therapy.

When I've worried about what my Ts intentions were, it was extreme fear. One of my biggest traumas was related to someone who purposely deceived me and played mind games with me, so it made total sense that I would be fearful with someone who I was vulnerable with. It was all transference in my case, and since it was previously dissociated, I would have never known had it not been for the therapy. My Ts way of working drew out everything from the corners of my mind!

Again, I hope you try it Sarah. Wouldn't this be a new way for you as this T works differently?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
susannahsays, unaluna