View Single Post
Anonymous41422

Default May 05, 2019 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudFox View Post
It's interesting that people are so irked by OP's venting, and feel the need to "correct" her perceptions. Cant imagine presuming such a thing.

In my experience therapists are manipulators and weirdos and control freaks, and I would put nothing past them.

Some of the ones I saw positioned a clock on a wall or table such that only they could see it. One stated I should not look at the time, as that was her job.

I found there were endless degradations and anomalies.

I would not give a therapist benefit of the doubt on any level. They need to demonstrate sanity and basic competence. Details matter when trying to assess such things.
I have a softer view of therapy, but agree with not jumping to conclusions about people and their patterns/responses based off of historic internet venting. I hold even less stock in using the therapy relationship as any indicator into how a person behaves in real life or what their core problems are. It might be reliable, or might indicate a terrible therapist (or multiple terrible therapists).

I don’t blame Sarah at all for wanting to ensure she’s getting the best person for where she’s at. I think many of the pro-therapist repliers are fortunate to have good therapy/therapists. And agree with those who say that this is excellent therapy material - for the RIGHT therapist. From seeing the other side, I know how emotionally devastating it can be seeing the wrong person. This is the time to be picky! Often in the beginning, all we have are small things to go off of.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, susannahsays