View Single Post
sophiebunny
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2019
77 hugs
given
Default May 06, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Are they repeating your scan with a diagnostic? Have you talked to the radiologist? He/she should be the one to tell you if you have to proceed to a biopsy. Most biopsy results are benign. My best advice, take it one test at a time and slowly digest the medical information. The "what iffs" can make you totally nuts.

I was assigned to a breast cancer nurse after I was diagnosed. She was my go-to person for questions that I wasn't sure I should ask my surgeon and oncologist. I don't like asking questions of physicians. I have, however, gotten better at it. My support nurse was amazing. Even if you are diagnosed, you won't be alone. For example, my psychiatrist did an awesome job advocating for me. I was so traumatized by the whole experience he made sure my PTSD and bipolar 1 disorder were treated appropriately along with my cancer during all my hospitalizations and chemotherapy. I don't have family and I live alone. The cancer treatment could have been horrendous going through so isolated. My treatment team made sure that didn't happen.

Stay in touch
sophiebunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote